How to Get the Most out of the HCG Diet
There are many things you can do while on the HCG diet to effectively maximize your weight loss. Below are some tips you can use to make the HCG diet more effective:
- Planning your meals while on the HCG diet will help you avoid the temptations of last minute eating, which usually is eating things that are not on the HCG protocol
- Have foods already prepared and portioned out for easy access when you're hungry and ready to eat.
- When you do your shopping while on the HCG diet, make sure you have
a grocery list. Recheck your list to make sure you know the foods allowed on the HCG Diet. This will help you avoid the temptation of buying those items that are not allowed on the HCG Diet.Eat before you go grocery shopping.
- Have your next food choice ready to eat when you get home if you're hungry. Consider cooking your meals for your next few days in advance then
refrigerate or freeze for later use.
- NEVER go shopping when you are hungry! It will be much harder to fight off those urges to buy food that is not allowed on the
- Buy organic fruits, vegetables and proteins whenever possible. It is a bit more expensive; however, there are no additives, no preservatives, they will help in your weight loss and you will feel better about your food choices.
- Beef on the HCG Diet has to be extremely lean, which means you'll need to buy either filet, grass fed and/or organic.
- Always weigh your protein and vegetables choices and store them in the refrigerator/freezer until you are ready to use them.
- Drink plenty of water. Water flushes your body, keeps you hydrated and speeds up your metabolic process. A good rule of thumb is half your body weight in ounces. For example, if you weigh 160 lbs you
would take ½ of 160 and drink 80 ounces of water a day, which is ten (10) 8 oz glasses of water.
- Don’t cheat while on the HCG diet! It doesn’t seem possible, but one bite of anything not listed on the HCG Diet (even a peanut) can stall weight loss for some people up to 3 days!
- Eat when you're hungry.. you SHOULD be hungry and you have 8 choices of food a day!
- Take a nice brisk 20 - 15 minute walk daily.
- If you are already doing strenuous exercises while on diet, cut back a bit. Eat before you work out and immediately thereafter. Be sure to take extra minerals and electrolytes too. As long as you feel OK with your exercise routine and take the recommended minerals, you should be fine. if you are exercising too much, you'll know it, you won't feel good! It's just that easy!
- Use an infrared sauna up to 30 minutes on a regular basis to help sweat out toxins and add our Concentrated Ionic Trace Minerals to your water to make an electrolyte water
- Read all labels on EVERYTHING! You will be surprised at how many products have sugar, carbs and oils in them!
- Watch liquid make up with oils. The safest bet is mineral make-up. Dr. Golden's pick is Physician's Formula Mineral Makeup because it's creamy, has great colors, is oil free, natural coverage and at a great price! Physician's Formula products can be found at Target and other Big Box types of stores.